On Rio Map 360°, you will find the transport & transportation of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil (subway map, train map, tram map, ferry map), tourist maps of the city of Rio de Janeiro (monuments map, tourist bus map), boroughs and neighborhoods maps, airports maps, maps of bike paths and Bike Rio stations of Rio de Janeiro. The historic centre of Rio de Janeiro is within walking distance and the main tourist sites of Rio are in the southern zone. Rio de Janeiro's public transport network is well developed, so please feel free to use it. On the other hand, we advise you to visit the safest parts of the city (the historic center and the southern neighborhoods) and avoid the northern and eastern neighborhoods (favelas).
On Rio Map 360° you can download in PDF or print useful and practical maps of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
To help you move into the city, you may use the transport maps of Rio de Janeiro operated by the MetrôRio, Supervia or CCR Barcas. It includes the Rio subway and its 2 lines; the Rio suburban train and its 8 lines; the Rio tram and its 2 lines and finally the Rio ferry and its 4 lines.
To visit the city of Rio de Janeiro, you will find the tourist maps highlighting the monuments, sightseeings, landmarks, museums and tourist hotspots in Rio de Janeiro, but also maps of Hop on Hop off bus tours (Rio L'Open Tour) allowing you to discover the attractions of the city.
You will also find maps of the 33 boroughs & districts of Rio de Janeiro, maps of the main neighborhoods, airport maps of Rio de Janeiro. Maps for cyclists will help you find bike paths and routes or Bike Rio stations in Rio de Janeiro.
Rio de Janeiro's means of transportation include :
- City buses (ônibus) run by several companies (24-hour service).
- The tramway is popular in Rio. It connects the center to the Santa Teresa district via the Lapa aqueduct.
- The Rio Metro is composed of two lines passing through the center: line 1 goes from Copacabana to the southern area of Tijuca and line 2 connects the center to Pavuna.
- Yellow taxis are everywhere in Rio.
- A water transport that goes from Estaçao das Barcas to Guanabara Bay.
If you use more than one means of transportation in Rio, buy a combined Metro-Onibus or Onibus-Trem ticket.